Thread: Purest Brits are Welsh and Cornish ... says new report

Forum owner Ishtar Babilu Dingir's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,610 Times in 3,341 Posts

Default Purest Brits are Welsh and Cornish ... says new report

I guess we already knew this, but nice to have it confirmed by genetics. Not all history is lies, it seems...

St Michael's Mount, Cornwall
    St Michael's Mount.jpg

Scientists drew up a map of the British Isles revealing the genetic ancestry of people from different rural areas across the UK.

After extensive DNA surveying, they found that Welsh and Cornish people were among the most genetically distinct groups in the country.

One theory for the difference in their DNA is that they are a "relic" population, tracing their ancestry back to the tribes that colonised Britain after the last Ice Age 10,000 years ago.

Welsh genes proved to be similar to those of the French and Irish, suggesting they were connected to the pre-Roman population.

The Cornish were also shown to have a distinctive DNA make-up, different to those from the neighbouring county Devon.

Peter Donnelly, professor of statistical science at Oxford University and director of the Wellcome Trust centre for human genetics, confirmed the distinctiveness of people from the two regions.

He said: "The people of Wales and Cornwall are different from the rest of southern and central England."

But the most genetically distinctive of all British people were those of the Orkneys, who were shown to have Scandinavian ancestry, dating back to when their islands were controlled by Vikings from AD875 to 1472.

Read more here at The Telegraph
    Last edited by Ishtar Babilu Dingir; June 18th, 2012 at 12:50 PM.
    Ishtar's Gate forum is now closed.

If you'd like to follow my writings, I have a blog: Crystallising the Dreaming Time.

I also have a new book out soon: The Sacred Sex Rites of Ishtar: Shamanic sexual healing and sex magic.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar Babilu Dingir For This Useful Post:

Cognito (June 20th, 2012),Mike Williams (June 19th, 2012),Zeno (June 23rd, 2012)

Thanks

Thanks for finding this Ishtar. There’s a part of me that reads the report and wants to jump up and down shouting “Cymru am Byth” at the top of my lungs but the other part of me is slightly sad at its tone. “Purest Britons” smacks of the eugenic unpleasantness of the middle of the last century (although that might only be the Telegraph’s gloss). We are all related and, although we on this side of Offa’s Dyke might be staunchly proud of our culture, most also acknowledge the intermingling with other cultures and people that has gone on since prehistory. Welsh is what Welsh is but the idea of being purebred raises uncomfortable analogies. Genetics can tell us so much about the past – but if we ever use it to make statements about the present, we walk along a razor’s edge.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike Williams For This Useful Post:

Cognito (June 20th, 2012),Hermite (June 19th, 2012),Ishtar Babilu Dingir (June 19th, 2012)

Forum owner Ishtar Babilu Dingir's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,610 Times in 3,341 Posts

Thanks, Mike. As ever , all good points.

The psy-ops has got a bit sophisticated, though, since they used to trade on genetic differences to make us go into war against one another.

Now it's 'these nations that don't like us are taking instructions and have got more advanced technology from evil aliens'. And some people do fall for it, believe it or not!
    Ishtar's Gate forum is now closed.

If you'd like to follow my writings, I have a blog: Crystallising the Dreaming Time.

I also have a new book out soon: The Sacred Sex Rites of Ishtar: Shamanic sexual healing and sex magic.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar Babilu Dingir For This Useful Post:

Cognito (June 20th, 2012),Mike Williams (June 20th, 2012)

Thanks

What I find interesting is that a story of this sort made it through the multiculti-obsessed, politically-controlled news media in the first place.

A scenario forms in my mind, although probably more as a bit of sociopolitical criticism than anything else.

British multiculti: "Indigenous British purity? Pshaw, we're all the same! This fellow from Manchester whose ancestors have been here since the Stone Age, well he's no different than this nicely civilized fellow from Pakistan!"

Pakistani: "ALLAHU AKBAR!"
    Last edited by Zeno; June 23rd, 2012 at 04:52 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeno For This Useful Post:

Ishtar Babilu Dingir (June 24th, 2012),Mike Williams (July 3rd, 2012)

Thanks

Just a note to include the Shetland geneology project.....looking for an elusive "pictish" gene (if there is such a thing) findings indicate so far Norse, Altai, and Nepal ...studies continue. (just google shetland geneology)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to claire For This Useful Post:

Ishtar Babilu Dingir (July 2nd, 2012),Mike Williams (July 3rd, 2012),Zeno (July 3rd, 2012)