Thread: Peter Pan, Beltane and the Pleiades

Forum owner Ishtar Babilu Dingir's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,610 Times in 3,341 Posts

Default Peter Pan, Beltane and the Pleiades

With Beltane coming up, I thought this might be of interest.

peter-pan.jpg

Last year at this time, I had the pleasure of watching my granddaughter in an amateur production of Peter Pan, and the climax was when the audience had to shout, as one, “I believe in fairies!!”. This was in order to resurrect the dying Tinkerbell ~ but the event could not have been better timed. For we’d just reached the point on the Wheel of the Year known as Beltane.

But what is Beltane, and why is it so important and …. well, what does it all mean? First, the etymology …

The word Beltane is the anglicised form of the Old Irish Beltain and Scottish Gaelic Bealltainn, and it is thought to be derived from the belo-te(p)niā, meaning “bright fire”, or “bale fire”, which means “white and shining”.

It falls on what’s known as a Celtic quarter day. Some have tried to link these old Celtic quarter days to the midpoint between the equinoxes and the solstices, but actually that doesn’t work astronomically, because Beltane would then need to be on 5th May.

In fact, the timing of Beltane comes from a much older strata of astronomical lore than that of the solar priesthood that built Stonehenge ~ a time much earlier than that of the Celts. It comes from those whose calendars were lunar rather than solar, and whose lives were dictated by stellar and planetary movements.

Beltane marks the time when the white and shining constellation of the Pleiades begins to rise above the horizon. It’s sister fire festival in November, Samhain, takes place when the Pleiades begin to set.

The Pleiades by Corina Chirila of Korinna’s Universe

In Ireland, and increasingly now in Scotland, these great stellar fire festivals are being revived. This photo shows the illustrious and upstanding members of the Beltane Fire Society celebrating on Calton Hill in Edinburgh, Scotland.

But apart from making a change from the usual Friday night pub crawl, why else would you start channelling Arthur Brown on Beltane? These ancient first settlers to these Isles believed that fire had a purificatory function, and protected you from malign influences. Even today, this is understood by magicians, alchemists and shamans alike.

It is said that Beltane is also a threshold or portal time. This is when the liminal walls between the dimensions are at their thinnest and we are more likely to encounter the Fae, otherwise known as the Tuatha de Danann, the Sidhe or the one I prefer, the Gentry.

Some people call them fairies, but according to those that have seen them, they’re not the least like sweet little Tinkerbell. The tiny delicate winged flower fairy in gossamer dress was a Victorian confection which took its inspiration from Christian angels, but has no grounding in ancient lore. R J Stewart in his book The Living World of Faery says that some of the Fae are really enormous, like giants. Others are the same size as us. They’re also unlikely to have wings.

They are the spirits of the Land ~ they maintain the ferility of the Land, which to them, is sacred, and I believe, although I can't be certain, it is these Land spirits who are probably responsible for the crop circles ~ and not Beings from Outer Space.

The Riders of the Sidhe, by John Duncan

the-riders-of-the-sidhe-john.jpg

The king of the Fae is said to be the great fertility god Pan —rumours of whose death, it now turns out, were grossly exaggerated.

The great god, Pan

20847_128229523877788_100000722244216_192244_3590542_n.jpg

So I do believe in faeries. But do you?
    Last edited by Ishtar Babilu Dingir; April 30th, 2013 at 12:10 PM.
    Ishtar's Gate forum is now closed.

If you'd like to follow my writings, I have a blog: Crystallising the Dreaming Time.

I also have a new book out soon: The Sacred Sex Rites of Ishtar: Shamanic sexual healing and sex magic.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar Babilu Dingir For This Useful Post:

annieo11 (April 9th, 2012),Cognito (April 9th, 2012),gikkiebokker (April 27th, 2014),Midnight Rambler (April 9th, 2012),Mike Williams (April 11th, 2012),Starchild (April 12th, 2012),Vinchenz (April 30th, 2013),wizard_paradox (June 8th, 2012)

Thanks

This photo shows the illustrious and upstanding members of the Beltane Fire Society celebrating on Calton Hill in Edinburgh, Scotland.
    The photo resembles the typical American collegiate Spring Break. Who says ceremonial bacchanal isn't alive and well in the States?

Very interesting thread. Yes, the spirits of the land are alive and well and if we simply quiet our minds to listen we will sense their presence. And as you know, those spirits take many different forms since everything is alive and interacting as part of the tapestry. One day ... in the far, far future ... people will look back on us today with wonder, trying to figure out how we became so insensitive to our surroundings while on our mad ride to nowhere.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cognito For This Useful Post:

gikkiebokker (April 27th, 2014),Ishtar Babilu Dingir (April 9th, 2012)

Thanks

Hehe, I believe in misidentification myself. But that's just me lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OnyxKnight For This Useful Post:

Ishtar Babilu Dingir (April 28th, 2012)

Thanks

Beltane Fire Dance by Loreena McKennit.

If you'd like to follow my writings, I have a blog: Crystallising the Dreaming Time.

I also have a new book out soon: The Sacred Sex Rites of Ishtar: Shamanic sexual healing and sex magic.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar Babilu Dingir For This Useful Post:

Cognito (April 28th, 2012),firestorm (April 28th, 2012),gikkiebokker (April 27th, 2014),Mike Williams (April 30th, 2012)

Thanks

Someone has just reminded me that in the southern hemisphere they will be celebrating the opposite counterpart festival to Beltane, Samhain.

So here's Loreena McKennitt again:

Samhain Night

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar Babilu Dingir For This Useful Post:

firestorm (April 28th, 2012),gikkiebokker (April 27th, 2014)

Thanks

This Pan oh my yes.

Elijah? as in Green Man!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wizard_paradox For This Useful Post:

Ishtar Babilu Dingir (June 8th, 2012)

Thanks

Wizard, do tell us more about the connection between Elijah, Pan and the Green Man?

Thanks

Fat? too much popcorn?

After Solomon The Kingdom of Isis Ra EL began to fall apart... again!

An institution rose called the prophets. Their role was to advise the Kings, (they would of been better listening to their Queens), except unlike the relationship between Melchizedek and Abraham or say between Myrrdin and Artus, theirs was adversial, even subversive, (Yay). They said uncomfortable and unpopular things. They ranted and raved and were viewed as well... Crazy.

Elijah was a Wild Man, strange, solitary, unkempt, as like to Zarathustra, he fough fire with fire, (IS THIS ME?)

Told by God to hide in the wilderness and drink from a brook, he was also fed by Ravens.

And so the King of Israel married Jezebel and began to erect alters to Baal.

Now Elijah had already beaten the prophets of Baal, (TIME), calling his divine fire down from heaven, (Kether). On other occasions he called fire down from heavern to kill squads of soldiers that Jezebel had sent to capture him.

Yes verily Elijah was a Pain in the Derrier to the Royals.

Elijah was a man of blood and thunder, the prophet who truly walked a very thin line between sanity and insanity.

His clirvoyance, his ability to turn a poisoned well potable, to make iron float, heal a leper. There is even a story of him bringing a boy back to life by erm... laying on top of him and infusing him with, "Spirit"...

So there he is out there, way out there, in the wilds fleeing for his life.. again. Eventually exhaused he crawled into the roots of an aged Juniper and slept. There he had a dream of an Angel.

He awoke and raised and whilst it was still dark he set of to climb Mount Horeb in search of GOD!? as the angel had instructed.

Soon though a great wind blew, so great it whipped at the fabric of the very mountain, (MATTER, MATER), so he found a Cave, (Underworld?).

The lightrening began to strike all around causing fire to start in the sparse vegetation. He was trapped in his cave, He knew then his God wsas not Wind, Not Fire, Not Time, Not Matter.

Eventualy things calmed and there afore him rose The Morning Star, (Venus/Lucifer). The morning air was now gentle and in that calm of peace his wild mind also began to settle and he heard a little voice. That was his God/Goddess, The Calm of The Morning Star.

Yet to further delve the import of who or what Elijah was; I need to tell you The Secret not of what he was but what he became.

So we travel east a little to India. We must understand the nature of his death or the lack of it.

Elijah learned to excarnate and incarnate at will.

In the Republic Plato said, "Those who are unable in this present life to apprehend the idea of the good, will decend to Hades after death and fall asleep in it's dark abode."

At the end of his life, Elijah was carried up into the heavens in a Fiery Chariot. So like Noah and Enoch before him he did not die he ascended, only to return to earth, (Malkuth), as and when he willed it so. Either as a manifest body or a a more subtle form.

In the Kabbala the Chariot by which he ascends is partly the MerKaBa. He had worked well with hisn Astral Body so that in death he did not die.

He ascended crossed the Veil which is the Abyss. As such he was now behind the throne of the Demi-Urge. He was METATRON.

Attachment 383

The Age of The Prophets would die arounf 450 BC, Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi managing only to travel the lower supernal.

And there in the last words of The Old Testement Malachi manages one reasonable prophesy that Elijah would return. And the Jews to this day at Passover leave a place for him at the table, with a cup of wine and the door left open.

Who is the Second Horus the Horus who is still to come?

Who was the spirit in the soul of John the Baptist?

Why does Leonardo Da Vinci paint the above this way?

Assuredly is there two christ childen? or is One i.e. John The Baptist already the living christ where as the imaginary Iesu is just a child until he is annointed by the Baptist!

As the Pistis Sophia says, "You are one and the same being".

The New Testament says clearly that John the Baptist is Elijah, yet most Christian Bilical, "Scholars", are blind to the ability to read.

Whats that Reincarnation in the Bible? Magick?

I'll attend her here-
    And woo her with some spirit when she comes!
    Say that she rail, why then I'll tell her plain
    She sings as sweetly as a nightingale.
    Say that frown, I'll say she looks clear
    As morning roses newly washed with dew.
    Say she be mute and will not speak a word.
    The I'll commend her volubility
    And say she uttered piercing eloquence...

Katharina by Petruchio

If that does not allude to initiation then I am not Pan.

The Sufi trace their origins back to a time before Mohammed, (Baphomet).

Many trace there norigins back to Elijah who if you manage to get hold of a real Sufi who has partaken of the book of The Highest Initiation, i.e. Is actually free from the shackles of The Koran, and Islam.. They may tell you, that Elijah they also call The Green One. The very same mystical spirit that pervades the works of A Thousand and One Nights and into The Taming of the Shrew.

On the banks of the River Oxus a man witnessed another man falling into the swollen wet. He then watched as a Dervish ran to help the drowning man. And the Dervish was also taken by the rapids.

And then as if from NOWHERE, all of a SUDDEN, there appeared another, dressed in a shimmering and glowing luminious green robe and this third also jumped into the waters.

Yet when The Green Man reappeared to the surface he had transformed into a log.

The other two men clung to the log and waited for the current to take them to the river bank. And out they climbed. The witness watched astounded and then the log changed form into the green cloaked man, he was wet intially however in seconds appeared to be dry.
    "
    The witness threw himself on the ground before the green man. "You must be the Green One, Master of Saints. Bless me for I would not attain"

He was scaredhe wanted to just touch the robe, however it was like Green Fire.

"And you have seen too much, you must understand that I am from another world, Without them knowing it I potect those with a service to perform".

The witness looked up and The Green Man was gone.

I could go on and on this will do for now.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wizard_paradox For This Useful Post:

Cognito (June 8th, 2012),gikkiebokker (April 27th, 2014),Greenmountains (May 1st, 2014)