Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyramids news

Forum owner Ishtar Babilu Dingir's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,610 Times in 3,341 Posts

Default Pyramids news

As with Stonehenge News, I'm going to keep this thread for all news coming out of Egypt with regard to new tombs and pyramids being discovered.

Here's the latest - two tombs dated to c 2300 BC:

Archaeologists discover two tombs from Egypt’s 5th dynasty

An archeological mission of the Egyptian Higher Council of Antiquities (EHCA) has announced the discovery of two rock-cut tombs at Saqqara that date back to Egypt’s 5th Dynasty (2323-2356 BC).

According to a report in The Earth Times, the tombs were found at the el-Deir bridge area in the Saqqara necropolis near Cairo, the site where the rulers of Egypt’s Old Kingdom were buried, and some 400 meters south of the step pyramid of King Djoser.

EHCA Secretary General Zahi Hawas said one of the tombs belonged to Iya-Maat, who supervised the construction mission of King Unas, the last ruler of the 5th Dynasty.

Iya-Maat brought limestone from the Tura area, granite from the Aswan and red bricks or mafet from the western Desert.

He bore several titles, including “supervisor of the king’s property.”

The second tomb belonged to 5th Dynasty singer Thinh. A lintel at the front of the tomb is engraved with the singer’s various titles, including “supervisor of all singers.”

A relief showing such a singer during a performance is found on one of the tomb’s walls.

Despite Unas’ long rule, very little is known about him and the society where he headed. Some believe the end of his rule marked the end of the golden age of Egypt’s the Old Kingdom. (ANI)
    http://www.entertainmentandshowbiz.com/ ... 0812308068
    Ishtar's Gate forum is now closed.

I have a new book out now, available on Amazon:
    The Sacred Sex Rites of Ishtar: Shamanic sexual healing and sex magic.

Thanks

Default Archaeologists find mummy of Egyptian queen from 4300 ya

Jan. 8 (Bloomberg)

Archaeologists digging near the pyramids of Saqqara said today they have found the mummy of what may turn out to be the ancient Egyptian Queen Seshestet who ruled Egypt 4,300 years ago.

The remains of the mummy were discovered in a pyramid found in Saqqara last year after Egyptian archaeologists led by Zahi Hawass, the head of the country’s Supreme Council of Antiquities, found an opening at the top of the pyramid used by ancient robbers for entry, the council said today.

Hawass and his team found the mummy in a sarcophagus weighing about six tons after spending five hours prying it open. Ancient robbers had stolen most of the valuables from inside the sarcophagus, leaving behind the body parts including the mummy’s skull, legs and pelvis, the council said in a faxed statement. The body parts were wrapped in linen, the council said. Some pottery shards and gold that was used to cover fingers of royal pharaohs were also found.

Even though the archaeologists didn’t find the name of the queen in hieroglyphics, there is evidence to suggest that the mummy was the mother of the Sixth Dynasty ruler King Teti, Hawass said in the statement.

Queen Seshestet is one of a limited number of women who became pharaoh in ancient Egypt. References to her have been found in ancient papyrus texts. In one of them, the queen made a request to doctors to find her a cure for hair loss, Hawass said. It’s not clear if she was ever given one.

The main step-pyramid at Saqqara of King Djoser is almost fully intact and is often visited by tourists along with the pyramids of Giza nearby.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... refer=muse

Thanks

Default 4,300 ya Saqqara tombs bigger than originally thought

Update on the Saqqara tombs:

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

SAQQARA, Egypt: A pair of 4,300-year-old pharaonic tombs discovered at Saqqara indicate that the sprawling necropolis south of Cairo is even larger than previously thought, said Egypt's top archaeologist. The rock-cut tombs were built for high officials, one responsible for the quarries used to build the nearby pyramids and the other for a woman in charge of procuring entertainers for the pharaohs.

Egypt's antiquities capo, Zahi Hawass, described it as a "major, important discovery," saying that the two new tombs date "back to 4,300 years ago."

"The discovery of the two tombs is the beginning of a big, large cemetery," he said.

Indeed, the discovery indicates that there is even more to the vast necropolis of Saqqara located 19 kilometers south of the capital Cairo, he added.

In the past, excavations have focused on just one side of the two nearby pyramids, the Steppe Pyramid of King Djoser and that of Unas, the last king of the 5th Dynasty. The area where the two tombs were found, to the southwest, has been largely untouched.

"This means the royal cemetery is bigger than we thought," said Saleh Suleiman, the archaeologist responsible for the excavation of the two tombs.
    More here: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article.asp ... e_id=98986

Thanks

Default Sphinx dated to Early Pleistocene?

Really?

The News page today is beginning to look like a spoof news page.

Can it really be true that life is discovered on Mars and the Sphinx turns out to be 1.8 millon years old all on the same day?

Anyway, I present the conclusion of this new paper without comment as I am a) too stunned about the conclusion and b)not knowledgeable enough on how to separate the dating of the rock (obviously older than the Ark) from the dating of the carving.

From Archaelogica:

Conclusion:

A comparison of the formation of wave-cut hollows on the sea coasts with erosion structures in the form of hollows observed on the surface of the Great Egyptian Sphinx permits a conclusion about the similarity of the formation mechanism. It is connected to water activity in large water bodies during the Sphinx submersion for a long period of time. Geological data from literary sources can suggest a possible Sphinx submersion in the Early Pleistocene, and its initial construction is believed to date from the time of most ancient history.

More here: http://mgu.bg/geoarchmin/naterials/64Manichev.pdf

Thanks

Default Re: Pyramids news

Its those goddam Neandertals, again.

hoka hey

john

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Its those goddam Neandertals, again.
    that is really funny,

I always thought that the aquatic people that the dogon tribe talked about that made the Sphinx.
    I know that the idea is very strange to most people, but the universe may be as strange as it seems to be, or at least that is my take on it.

Thanks

Spacecase

That sounds a very interesting theory. Do tell us more about what you've based it on.

And also please would you tell me how you got those words - Dogon tribe - to act as a hyperlink. I know there's a url button but I don't understand how it works.

Oh yes ... and while you're about it... I'd be very grateful for your advice about my computer which is literally groaning under the weight of all my stuff and keeps failing me and crashing right at the wrong moment ....I want to get a new computer, but I'm quite attached to this one as we've developed a bit of a relationship, and so I'm wondering if I can just upgrade the hard drive ... but then, how would I move all the stuff over ......?

Oh and by the way, ....er, never mind .... you probably don't sort out personal problems!!!

Spacecase, I'm so glad you're joined us and I don't quite know how I managed without you before!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

first, I will answer the easy question,
    the html codes
    if I just type it, it will vanish and you will not be able to read it, but I found out how to disable them for this post,

this is an example:
    so here is the weblink of a page that has examples of that and many more codes.

had I not disabled the codes, it would have read:
    "so here is the weblink of a page that has examples of that and many more codes."
    and the word weblink would have been an actual weblink.

I know that you can't click on it now, but that page ( http://forum.rightmark.org/help/code.html ) really has all the good codes listed.

so now to change topics,
    I wonder about whatever got the people of egypt to focus on the afterlife and the gods so much, they were not that way before, then they changed quick(normal people just don't do that on there own very often), it seems like it must have been a big event, I tend to think that whatever they watched had more of a "cargo cult" effect on them than the outsiders helping them build things.
    but the Sphinx is to old for any of that,
    so I looked to the oldest technology that I could find traces of that may have been in the area,
    the dogon tribe is the last of what seems like could have been a larger group of people from when the sahara was a jungle,
    and seem to me to be the most likely to have been influenced to build something like that.
    then the weather changed and most of the group that passed down the stories went away,
    so as you can see the Sphinx was built by the dogon tribe idea is mostly a big guess.

back to computers,
    do you have a method of backing up your computer now ?
    if not, then you should get something,
    big external hard drives are low priced now,
    if you get one, you will have a way to back up your computer (and this is very critical because at some point your computer will break anyway),
    then you will also have someplace to keep your files safe while you install your new hard drive.
    the other solution is to get an external hard drive case and put your old hard drive into it when you take it out to put the new hard drive in, but I would not suggest this to most people as it may confuse unnecessarily and might not work for fixable reasons that could be hard to figure out.

remember, relationships to computers may be hazardous to your health as they always let you down at some point.

Thanks

Spacecase

Thank you so much. Now I will be able to link to news articles from the News page in this way. And I'm also grateful for your advice on my computer. It sounds do-able, but I might just get a nice man to come and do it all from our local computer shop! (I've been a bit tired lately. Launching this website and forum coincided with a very demanding freelance role which I've just finished, and so I apologise if my posts have been a bit lacklustre of late.)

Anyway, I've just now read through the Dogon link you posted and was struck and amazed at the Dogons' knowledge of astronomy and the many instances of similarities in their beliefs with the Egyptians and Sumerians. They also practise rituals around the death journey like the Egyptians. I've started a thread on the Egyptian eschatalogical rites called The Journey of Coming Forth By Day (I'm on a roll with this linking thing now!) to which I'll be adding information at some point.

There is also mention of the Dogon supreme god Nommu being a "ram-headed serpent god" in your webpage, but I think this may be a misunderstanding. RAM generally meant 'head of' in terms of 'the leader of', and not, as I understand it, as a body part. It was used with ABR throughout Mesopotamia. ABR was one of the words for serpent, and so used with RAM, it signified the 'head of the serpents', the serpents being the wise teachers. Thus, in the Judaic tradition, we have ABRAM and in the Gnostic tradition, Jesus was called Abramentho.

The word RAM, I believe, came from the Sun. In Egypt, there was the sun god Ra. In India, we had the mythical avatar from the sun dynasty, Ram, and before him, in the Rig-veda, a female protagonist who rescues the Sun from the darkness of the caves in the story of SaRAMa and the Panis.

The Sun is always the head of everything, and our ancestors understood this. Modern interpreters have put this reverance down to a sort of placatory form of worship of an object that makes the crops grow. But this is just a small part of how our ancestors perceived the Sun and is a small-minded perception based on the modern obsession with consumerism, which is why I abhore the term "sun worship".

Only in the last century have our scientists begun to understand anything about the Sun, for instance, about gravitational waves. As I'm sure you know, Spacecase (but others may not) the Sun actually pulsates waves of gravity that shapes space in a sort of curved arc, and so the planets take the line of least resistance and follow that arc. (Interestingly, both the Egyptians and the Vedic used 'ark' or 'arka' as a name or attribute for the Sun).

This means that the Sun shapes - i.e creates - our galaxy, and there are millions of Suns creating millions of galaxies, and as above, so below. So the Sun is the creator of everything. The Sun is the Boss. If the Sun says 'jump!', we just say 'how high?'.

(The Druid teachers were also known as serpents or dragons, but in their language, PEN meant "head of". Thus you have the Pendragons - King Arthur was Arthur Pendragon, son of Uther Pendragon.)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I am glad that you like the web link trick.

I would have never figured out that RAM was referring to the sun, thank you for the linking the 2 topics.
    and yes, the sun seems to be the head,
    the lack of sun spots right now is cooling off the earth fast,
    and knowing that is a lot different than sun worship,
    it puts me more in the category of sun fear.
    I find it interesting that science is just getting close to understanding the old knowledge.

Thanks

Pen is still used here in Wales in that context, for example numerous localities are known as Pen-y-Bont or Pen-yr-Bont meaning 'Head of the Bridge.'
    Arthur in Welsh is Arth-Yr, meaning 'The Bear.'
    Dragon, by the way means chief, leader, etc.
    Uther, spelt uthr, means 'Awful'. Awful means or at least meant 'filled with awe', or 'full of awe,' or 'awe inspiring.'
    So Uthur Pendaragon would be described as, not necessarily named, 'The awe inspiring Head Leader.'
    Today perhaps 'War Chief.'

Roy.
    First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt

Thanks

Default More than 20 mummies found in ancient Egyptian tomb

A big find - these mummies date from 4,300 BC and one of them is a dog, probably to represent Sirius, the dog star, which was an important landmark in the eschatalogical journey.

One of the mummies found in a sarcophagus at Saqqara

CAIRO, Feb. 9 (Xinhua) -- An Egyptian archaeological mission has found about two dozen mummies in an ancient tomb of the Pharahonic era in the Saqqara area south of Cairo.

The mummies were unearthed in the tomb, which lies to the west of Zoser's step pyramid and dates back to the 6th dynasty in ancient Egypt, or about 4,300 B.C., said the official MENA news agency.

According to MENA, the archaeological team, led by Secretary General of the Egyptian Supreme Council for Antiquities Zahi Hawas, found five holes with each containing four mummies, one of which of a dog.

They also found some skeletons and a 180-cm-long casket contained the mummy of a man named Badi Harri who lived in 640 B.C., Hawas was quoted as saying.
    More here

Thanks
    Blog Entries

What was with the Egyptian fascination with cats?
    What did they signify?

Thanks

There was an old woman who swallowed a fly....etc?

Roy.
    First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt

Thanks

Default First scanning of Egyptian mummy

This the first time that one of these mummies has been scanned in this way.

Using the latest generation of CT scanners, researchers can now clearly "see" inside the sealed coffin of the Egyptian priestess Meresamun (ca. 800 B.C.). The imaging technology is so advanced, it can virtually strip away the coffin's outer layers of paint. A deep crack in the wig is one finding that suggests the coffin may have been dropped in antiquity. (Anna Ressman/Oriental Institute; University of Chicago)

Outer casing

Inner casing

Inner remains

ARCHAEOLOGY's March/April 2009 cover story, "A Mummy's Life," tells of new research on the mummified remains of an Egyptian priestess named Meresamun who lived in Thebes around 800 B.C. Ensconced in a skintight coffin made of linen and plaster for almost 3,000 years, the issue's "cover girl" is also the highlight of an exhibition, The Life of Meresamun: A Temple Singer in Ancient Egypt, on view at the University of Chicago's Oriental Institute Museum through December 6. In advance of the show, Meresamun was scanned using a state-of-the-art Philips Healthcare 256-slice Brilliance iCT scanner. She is the only mummy ever subject to such advanced technology.
    More here

Thanks

Default Archaeologists find rare intact mummy

It must be 'International Decomposing Mummy Week'!

SAQQARA, Egypt - Egyptian archaeologists found a rare intact mummy dating to pharaonic times when they opened a sealed limestone sarcophagus on Wednesday in the shadow of the world's oldest standing step pyramid at Saqqara.

The well-preserved mummy, which escaped plunder by thieves in ancient times, could contain scores of gold amulets in the folds of its linen wrappings, Egypt's chief archaeologist Zahi Hawass said.
    "It is a typical mummy of the 26th dynasty...This mummy should contain amulets, golden amulets, to help the deceased go to the afterlife," Hawass told reporters after ascending from the mummy's burial chamber, accessible only by a rope pulley.
    More here

Thanks

Intact? That description must have been written by a politician!

Roy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 504 Posts

From my strange point of view, this would mean that stones could be cast with specific HAND picked materials, thus the cast stones ( fire hearths) could be refracting the aether flows as desired, into the geometry desired?
    http://www.geopolymer.org/category/archaeology/pyramids
    kevin

Thanks

So is this widely accepted that the stones were pre-fabricated? I think not ... otherwise, why all those theories about how they transported them? I must say, this theory of prefabrication makes more sense in both practical terms and also being able to better control what they wanted to achieve in sacred energy terms.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 504 Posts

Ishtar,
    It really is a pleasure to be amongst people willing to THINK FREELY.
    I have had some strange dreams about this concrete last night, I am by trade a pipe fitter welder, and I have welded the most exotic of materials.
    the Philidelphia experiments came from the welders, they were using huge transformers to achieve the amperages needed to weld the thick steel plates of the ships, but odd things began to happen, tools went missing and a blck cloud kept appearing.
    I should have thought this out quicker?
    The FIELD created will have pushed the 3D created away, leaving another dimension, space as such.
    As the fiels shut down, the materials will have appeared in another TIME.
    ,they may appear back instantly if the geometry occurs again where they were.

The casting of the blocks will mean they could have been place and geometry precise, thus performing perfectly in tandem with the pyramid position geometry that was relevant at building time, this is what the fire hearths will be all about?
    When you are welding, you change the state of the material to a molten state, with high temperature, it then resets.
    If that was done in precise position, the crystal formulation will match where it resets?
    Then if you have pieces like mahjon( clever velly clever those chinese)
    and arrange them in geometric fashion, they will interact locally and create the field accordingly?

Hope that makes sense?
    Kevin