Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stonehenge news

Thanks

Default Re: Stonehenge news

I'm one of the types who can't be hypnotised so I'm told Ish, but work similar to those welders does seem to, I'm not sure how to describe it but it does sort of dominate?
    I don't think I'd like to stand in front of that big drum somehow but none of those pics infers an auditorium where the sound would be reflected back to the drummers.
    That may be intentional.

Roy.
    First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt

Thanks

Interesting stuff

Lots of things I could mention - so I'll limit myself to
    Lots of rivers flow north - e.g. Rhine, etc. There must be some in North America too .

I'm no expert on Glaciers, but it was once thought that the rocks left behind by the glaciers (the eratics - what a great name) were thrown there by giants. I'm temporarily unable to find my British Myths and Legends book (top tip - never ever, ever split your library - Mine's in two places and I can never find anything...) to check it out. Does anyone know if the Giants threw the blue stones there? It's a more attractive thought than the scientific explanations (dragging or glacial deposit, both of which seem a bit unlikely to me.) I bet there's a more elegant explanation somewhere...

Caigwyn

Forum owner Ishtar Babilu Dingir's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,610 Times in 3,341 Posts

Caigwyn

I think you may be on to something!

According to my Giant Bumper Christmas 1968 Beano Annual, there definitely were giants at one time, and one in particular called Desperate Dan who could eat a whole horse pie in go!

Desperate Dan was a contemporary of the Bash Street Kids, Lord Snooty, Roger the Dodger and Dennis the Menace, as well as Minnie the Minx who I can tell, from reading between the lines, was actually a post Second World War fertility goddess and, I've heard, being regularly rogered by Roger the Dodger, although this information was suppressed at the time. One way they distracted us from it was to imply that Minnie had a schoolgirl crush on Dennis the Menace, and they had her, in one strip, take him to a Valentines Day party at her school and promise that she would kiss him if he beat her in an arm wrestling match.

So in the same way, they could well have banned or censored all mention of Desperate Dan throwing the blue stones that were eventually used for Stonehenge. Who knows?

I think we should be told!

Cult statue of Minnie the Minx which is regularly worshipped in Barnsley

Ishtar's Gate forum is now closed.

If you'd like to follow my writings, I have a blog: Crystallising the Dreaming Time.

I also have a new book out soon: The Sacred Sex Rites of Ishtar: Shamanic sexual healing and sex magic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtar
    Caigwyn

I think you may be on to something!

According to my Giant Bumper Christmas 1968 Beano Annual, there definitely were giants at one time, and one in particular called Desperate Dan who could eat a whole horse pie in go!

Desperate Dan was a contemporary of the Bash Street Kids, Lord Snooty, Roger the Dodger and Dennis the Menace, as well as Minnie the Minx who I can tell, from reading between the lines, was actually a post Second World War fertility goddess and, I've heard, being regularly rogered by Roger the Dodger, although this information was suppressed at the time. One way they distracted us from it was to imply that Minnie had a schoolgirl crush on Dennis the Menace, and they had her, in one strip, take him to a Valentines Day party at her school and promise that she would kiss him if he beat her in an arm wrestling match.

So in the same way, they could well have banned or censored all mention of Desperate Dan throwing the blue stones that were eventually used for Stonehenge. Who knows?

I think we should be told!

Cult statue of Minnie the Minx which is regularly worshipped in Barnsley

Cow pie, I rather think you'll find [uses index finger to push spectacles slightly further up bridge of nose].

Thanks

Of course, silly me. Cow pie it was. Thank you War Arrow. I forgot you had a PhD in The Beano.

But then - ohmigod!- that opens a whole new path of interpretations!

Could Desperate Dan's cow pie have been an allegorical, secret reference to The Book of the Heavenly Cow?

The book is about the Egyptian fertility goddess, Hathor. The male god was referred to as the bull.

Here they both are at the top of the Narmer palette, c3000 BC. Notice the horns.

And here's Hathor in the bullrushes by the Nile. Notice the horns.

And here's Desperate Dan eating the cow pie. Notice the horns.

Note also the red, yellow and black design. This is no accident. Both the Egyptians and the MesoAmericans used black, yellow and red bricks on the bases of their pyramids because these were the colours of Atlantis!

So was Minnie the Minx really a latter-day version of Hathor? I think we should be told!

(Good job there's no mods on this board!)

If you'd like to follow my writings, I have a blog: Crystallising the Dreaming Time.

I also have a new book out soon: The Sacred Sex Rites of Ishtar: Shamanic sexual healing and sex magic.

Thanks

Default Armenian links to Stonehenge explored

I didn't know about this Armenian "Stonehenge" - but it's much older (7,500 years old).

THE story of Stonehenge and the mystery that surrounds it is familiar to most Salisbury residents, but one man has come to the city to tell people about an ancient circle of standing stones which pre-dates even Wiltshire’s World Heritage site.

Vardan Levoni Tadevosyan is an Armenian/Spanish historian of the occult who visited Salisbury last week to raise the profile of Carahunge, dubbed the Armenian Stonehenge.

He said: “It’s a very important monument, not just for Armenia, but for the whole world.”

Carahunge, meaning ‘speaking stones’, is located 200km from the Armenian capital Yerevan, near a town called Sisian. There are over 200 stones on the seven-hectare site and many of the stones have smooth angled holes in them, directed at different points in the sky, leading scientists to believe it is the world’s oldest observatory, dating back 7500 years. ..

...Mr Tadevosyan says that in neolithic times the Armenians were much more advanced than most other cultures. A carving found on rocks near Lake Sevan showed they knew the world was round, they could accurately measure latitude, and they were already skilled in astronomy, archaeology and engineering.

He believes the earliest population of Britain, who came from Armenia, brought the ideas of Carahunge to Europe with them and played some part in the creation of Stonehenge and other European sites.
    More here

Thanks

Ish! Note the translation of the name?
    Significant to our views on SH or what?

Roy.
    First people deny a thing, then they belittle it, then they say it was known all along! Von Humboldt

Thanks
    Blog Entries

And note the knowledge of latitude.

Transferred to sailors, it would make them as good at navigation as much of the sailing done in the European “Age of Discovery.”

Thanks

Default Singing stones for Digit

Quote Originally Posted by Digit
    Ish! Note the translation of the name?
    Significant to our views on SH or what?
    Roy.
    Hello Roy

I've been wanting to get back you on your above comment, and now finally have the time. As you rightly pointed out, Carahunge means 'speaking stones' , and so I've been looking into the subject of sound and resonance as they relate to stones or megaliths, and have come up with a couple of news items - old, but valid nonetheless.

What I'm getting is that sound is a factor, and the means to the sound is variously built into the stones itself - i.e. crystals - or in the geometric formation of the stones.

There are some theories that certain geometrical arrangements helped to produce certain resonances – and we’ve had other posts here on the sound of geometry, particularly with regard to fractals. Now I've discovered that some researchers have found that that certain key stones at Avebury are laid out in a Pythagorean triangle representing the numbers 3,4 and 5, while at Stonehenge is found a hexagonal star within a square.

The ancients would also position these crystaline stones over subterranean streams:

Neolithic people chose stones with special properties to be part of their monuments. They often used stones with crystal content, for instance, apparently placing them over where streams crossed underground. Barbara Mor and Monica Sjoo point out that the “movement of water through a tunnel in the earth — particularly clay soil — creates a small electrical field for which the stones act as amplifiers.
    The above quote is from the book Sacred Space, Sacred Sound. Digit, if you get time, I would recommend you look through this book. It's on Google, so it's free. There's quite a lot about the testing of frequencies of the stones, and finding that they are the same frequency as the human voice.

There are stones, or menhirs, that ‘sing’ at a site on the river Aksai in Russia which is much older than Stonehenge. It dates to 9,000 BC and the stones are made from quartz. It's interesting that the electromagnetic radiation that causes the stones to sing is more intense on the spring and autumn equinoxes, just when we know that these Neolithic festivals took place. This story is entitled Stonehenge on the Don and is from Pravda in 2004.

Alexander Ludov, Don student of local lore has made a strange discovery not far from the burial mound “Stone” within the basin of the Aksai river. He spotted several gigantic stones in the middle of a steppe. The overall stone structure resembled that of the British Stonehenge.

Actually, unlike the famous Stonehenge, this local construction consists of vertically erected massive rocks or megaliths. Long “Menhir alleys” made of stone stretch directly from East to West. According to results of a geological expedition, the site dates back to approximately 9 000 BC. Thus, these megaliths are much older than those megaliths located in Britain and other places.

These rocks do not contain traces of limestone or any other kinds of rocks that are commonly found in our steppes. These rocks are made of quartz, - tells Alexander Ludov. – Today, we can only guess about the initial forms of the megaliths. For centuries, people have been looting the archaeological site. However, the damages had not been too drastic. This is the first discovery of megaliths in the European part of Russia.

Back in the days, similar stone monuments have been discovered only in Caucasus and Siberia. And in all the cases, archaeologists claim, those megalithic constructions had been erected by some newcomers, not locals.

The fact that the Don megaliths represent the most ancient of archaeological sites, considers Alexander Ludov, allows us to presume that our civilization had in fact taken its roots from the Don region. Perhaps, ancient people erected such monuments to commemorate their deceased relatives. Though some present-day researchers consider that menhirs and cromlehs are not simply stone mounds but precisely engineered structures. It is also noteworthy to mention that such structures all over the world are made of quartz, a special kind of stone that is capable of radiating ultrasound waves.

“Scientists were able to determine that during spring and fall equilibrium radiation of the quartz stones tends to activate. As a result, the stones begin to “sing” within the ultrasound range of the changing frequency,” tells Alexander Dmitrievich. “Perhaps, that is the reason why quartz is used for construction of such sacred shrines. However, what exact knowledge our ancestors possessed about power of stones and why they erected menhirs and cromlehs in the first place will remain a mystery forever.”
    And there is also this site of singing stones at Padang in Malaysia, from the Jakata Globe

Arriving at the top of the hill was like being transported to another world. Thousands of black stone blocks, all partially covered by lichen, were planted, piled up, arranged and scattered on the grassy ground. All around us were the green hills and valleys of West Java, while the white clouds that hovered high above moved at great speed, propelled by the strong wind. The blocks, of around one to two meters in length, seemed to be the ruins of an ancient building. The rectangular site is 900 square meters in area and consists of five levels that ascend from northwest to southeast. At certain parts, the blocks form chambers and small flights of stairs.

On the first terrace, we met Dahlan, the other caretaker, sitting under a large tree with two local residents and two stray dogs.

“My grandfather brought me here for the first time when I was 8,” the now 52-year-old Dahlan said, adding that he descends from a line of caretakers. “So far, there have been 13 caretakers [at the site],” he said
    “The existence of this megalithic site has been known for decades,” Ervin said. “Before the site was reported to the authorities in 1979, some people had been taking care of the first terrace.

“The other four terraces were found later, after research had been conducted,” he said...

Interviewed about the site’s age, Lutfi Yondri, an archaeologist from Bandung’s Bureau of Archeology, said he could only assume it belonged to the Old Megalithicum age, from around 3,500 BC to 1,500 BC. So far, he added, there was no technology that could determine when the stones, which weigh around 90 to 600 kilograms per cubic meter, were cut or shaped. In other words, it has still not been possible to ascertain exactly when the site was established.

On the first terrace, there is a group of stones called the gamelan or singing stones, because, when struck, they produce melodic notes. According to Hokky Situngkir from the Bandung Fe Institute, a research organization, the notes have been identified as F, G, D and A.

Ervin and Yogi discovered while making their documentary that almost all of the stones at the site produced melodic sounds when hit. The gamelan stones have attracted many visitors who perform rituals near them in the hope that the stones would help them succeed in their chosen arts. These people include dalang, or master puppeteers, sinden, or female singers, and traditional musicians.
    I'll carry on looking for evidence on this.

Thanks

Up To my neck with DIY and gardening at the moment Ish but I'll certainly read it as and when. The more we learn the less stupid our forebears become.

Roy.

Thanks

Roy - this is a news story today actually about the security guard of some sacred "singing stones" in Java, but through it, we get to hear about the stones that apparently, "sing" on Fridays.

Night had already long fallen when Majelis, from the Trowulan Archaeological Office in Wringin, East Java, was helping guard a site near Glingseran village.

The father of four was accompanied by three of his colleagues. They wanted to foil any attempts by robbers to steal ancient artifacts in his region. At the time, there was a crime wave underway.

Suddenly, a number of people armed with clurit (sharp weapons often favored by the Madurese) appeared. The two groups confronted each other face-to-face. It seemed that a tragedy was about to unfold right in front of their eyes.

"If they'd attacked at that moment we would certainly have been defeated. But before that happened, I explained to them the punishment for stealing ancient artifacts. It was fortunate that they left straight away," Majelis told The Jakarta Post.

Majelis still clearly remembers the incident, which occurred one night in 1982, two years after he was appointed as a permanent staff member at Bondowose Archaeological Office.

"After that incident, I realized that the ancient artifacts had to be guarded because they had been seen by the thieves," said the now 47-year-old man.

Majelis and the ancient monuments in the region of Bondowoso and Situbondo are actually inseparable. This man is the most senior guard among 42 other guards who carry out their duties in the regency that is located about 200 kilometers from Surabaya.

Since 1978, the man has been delegated to guard the sites of monuments in Glingseran village, Wringin subdistrict. In Glingseran, there are 67 stone sites dating back to the megalithic period.

"In 1978, Abdussomad, a staff member of the culture and education section in Bondowoso offered me the job and I took it," he said.

The elementary school graduate has known of the stone sites since he was young.

When he was little, Majelis played in the rice fields looking for crickets, flying kites or just spending time with his friends. He often played around the sarcophagi that were located one kilometer from his house.

"The village people here knew about the stone sites, the sarcophagi and the kendang *house pillar* stones because every night, especially on legi *Friday night in the Javanese calendar* the stones emitted sounds," he said. "It was like a gamelan."

Due to the mystical factor, the local community respected the existence of the stone sites and considered them to be part of their ancestors' inheritance. During the planting season and at harvest time, the residents always presented offerings at the stone sites.
    I'm interested that these stones are said to emit a singing sound on Friday night as that is 'vendredi' in French and worldwide, in fact, going back to Vedic times, Friday is associated with Venus. I've heard - in New Age circles - that Venus does 'pull' on Fridays, in the same way that earth experiences a magnetic pull from the Moon all the time, but I don't know if they have anything even remotely scientific to back that up.

We still have so much to learn - or relearn - about magnetism.

Story from here

Thanks

Ummm!

Roy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 504 Posts

Ishtar,
    Your DNA helix post was very relative to what I detect at SH.
    If You can visualise two central points adjacent to each other that create a cross feature at each of the points where the arms of the cross are parallel to each other, dependant upon the angle of the crosses in relationship to the alignment between the two points you have variable width of parallel pathways formed by their orientation.
    What you have then is different widths between the two crosses arms, different harmonic frequencies?
    One cross is male, the oher female, Your DNA helix spirals then transfer across between these two opposites, and dependant upon the width of the parallel pathway(cursus) that the two crosses create determines the frequency.
    the grooved wares show this in picture form, the gold lozenge show the straight line geometry involved relative to each spot.

There are 89 leylines crossing at SH, 34 female, 55 male.
    The geometry involved is all to fibonacci, the numbers and angles arranged around the circumference, and you have to go around the circumference more than once.

the result is that ALWAYS FOUR DOMINANT alignments are created upon this geometry around the central points, the contents of the incoming lines is then concentrated both in and out of those four directions, circulations around different circumferences also occur ( visulise a celtic cross)

When I say 55 lines pass through a point, that is the central line of nine lines to each and every one of the fifty five lines, the overall width of the nine lines (lines one and nine) is aprox 200 feet, I do have precise measurements.

If You can visualise 55 sets of nine parallel lines crossing to fibonacci sequence, then you can see creation.

then it gets even more complex, as flowing along each line in opposite directions on top of each other are both male and female energiesw, and each line varies in direction atr least four times a day.
    Strangely it is not complex to myself, I can modualte across each part and keep to KISS, keep it simple stupid.

The alignment of these lines is linked out in scale to universe, and as each star or planet crosses through the alignments they cause a resistance to the flows along the lines, harmonic resistances that are akin to an orchestra playing.

Only by looking with the correct senses can this be experienced, it is not visual, except to your single eye.
    kevin

Thanks

Cropredy

I can see this in terms of pictures ... I've been gradually realising ('seeing' but not in the conventional way) that there are these male and female creative energies that are intertwined and they fluctuate continually like a wriggling serpent. In ancient mythologies, I've also made the connection like this: ELectroMAGnetism. As you will know, El is one of the oldest names for the male god and MAG is the oldest word (Sanskrit) for power. However, in Sumerian, MAG also meant vulva, which might seem strange until you realise about the fertility dance of the universe that is continually going on, and that is the female power of creation - and so it's why you have the Roman goddess MAGna Mater and Mary MAGdeELene.

I've also been looking into some of the theories about the electric universe, and they make a lot of sense to me, as they are about this continual dance of the two intertwined energies - the push and pull of EL and MAG, or as the Chinese would say, Yin and Yang and as the Indians would say, Brahma and Prakriti. The push and pull of these energies are what are at the heart of all mythological stories about the war in the heavens between good and evil - it's not a literal war, and neither should win over the other or the creation will end.

Here are some mythological representations of this. In both Indian (Vedic), Egyptian and Maya mythology, we have this depiction of the churning or grinding of the mill, by the demons on one side and the good devas on the other (in the Egyptian one, the picture caption makes a mistake - its Set 'the bad guy' and Thoth 'the good guy', not Horus.)

Egyptian - Set and Thoth

... and interestingly, in both the Indian and Maya stories, which are more or less identical, the rope used for the churning of the cosmic ocean is a serpent.

Indian

Maya

Cropredy, do you think these harmonic frequencies that you mention in your last paragraph are what make the stones sing?

Thanks

Ishtar,
    I have stood on top of THE WHISPERING KNIGHTS, I went there to take a photo of the crop circle that appeared in the field between the knights stones and the rollright stones circle.
    I took off my shoes, in respect for the knights, and as I placed one foot on one stone and another on the adjacent stone, they had a little whisper, or should I say the whole view went to jello, and both sides of my head started talking, one side was saying" 57 year old man breaks neck falling from top of knights, get off"
    the other side was gleefully declaring, "That is universe, were we come from"

They then had a sort of private dialouge that I was kind of left out of, very bizzare, especially as the whole scene was more like a phycadelic picture, and the sounds were trippy too.
    One side of my brain then suggested that I could not take a photo as I couldn't seem to stand stil or find anything to focus on, and suggested taking one foot off a stone, I did that and click, the whole scene reset to normal and the sound stopped, I took some photos , then stood back on both stones, I don't know how long I was there, not very long as it was all too bizzare, I have not returned.

Since then I have really surveyed the rollrights with dowsing, and find a cursus of 89 inch width from the centre of the stone circle to the knights, I can follow the zig zag pattern easily, it curves at the edges of the walls (lines) of the cursus, there is a narrower such across to the kings stone.
    The whole geometry there is far more complex , but private fields , roads and fences make it difficult on my own, when it was all open milleniums ago, I could have mapped it out easily.

That event has prepared myself for subsequent similer events, especially the strong earth quake in the night, I was still up sensing something, and as it occured I tried dowsing the event, difficult as I kept falling over, but i could watch the scenr turning jello without fear affecting me, the earth quake is in my opinion a local flux centred on a precise point, an overload of positive or negative, and it radiates out similer to ripples in a pond , litterally interfering with the holographic on/off switching system, thus matter breaks down, it doesn't REMEMBER as it normally does perhaps thousands of times per second, the bonds of attraction are loosened and thus fractures occur.
    my rods were violently almost pulled out of my hands, a plasma thunderbolt?
    kevin
    kevin

Thanks

Cropredy

I'm in Glastonbury for the next few days. I was wondering if you've been here and if so, what you think of the Tor energies?

Thanks

Ishtar,
    I have only been to glastonbury once, and the wind was howling.
    I did though wander about the tor, there are 55 leylines centred in the tower, but I nearly killed myself on the slopes of the tor trying to follow the serpents that entwine.

The so called market cross at the bottom of the high street caught my attention too, I didn't have enough time as I went to see Paul who has His site,
    http://www.secretsofthestones.com/
    He has had several NDEs and now works flat out helping and researching orbs,He's a giant of a man, not only physically.
    Kevin

Thanks

Thanks, cropredy. That's an interesting link.

I was on top of Glastonbury Tor today, and had a very similar experience. We nearly got blown right off it ... and then it started hailing.

I want to ask you ... the 55 ley lines at Glastonbury ... are they connected to the 55 at Stonehenge, in your view? In fact, is there any energetic connection between the two sites?

Thanks

Ishtar,
    I detect a matrix, where everything is connected.
    There is a straight line geometrical system that We detect as lines, but I percieve them more as sheets, no top , no bottom, no ends all to infinity.
    I consider they are scalar, not waves as such, but zillions of points all touching each other, touch one, touch them all, no time or light speed , instant , to visualise that think of a steel bar, push one end, and instantly all along the bar the exact same push is detectable.

Travelling upon this geometry are other forces, the geometry acting like a carrier wave, if anyone knows anything about TIG welding, they will recognise how a high frequency arc is established, then another higher amperage force is switched on and is held in place by the higher frequency initial arc, otherwise the high amperage force just shoots offf in all directions seeking it's easiest route to earth.

You therefore have a universal lattice grid, not an earth grid as many waffle on about, but universal.
    The substances operating upon this grid are dual, they are ONE, but have a 720 degree spin charecteristic that leads to duality, and an imbalance.
    Everything in universe will be to scale a similer self same system, this planet will be a scale model, it will have a biological frame(matter0 but a FIELD of non physical form.
    By studying humans, or trees especially, I have built up the scale model of this system in my head, it has a dual whorl, look to ANU, just google it, think of the northern hemisphere and southern how they rotate opposite, think of the poles , think of one imploding negative the other positive, think of the sun the same.

We exist at a scale level on the surface area of this planet, so what we can detect will be relative to that scale, it will expand outwards and inwards, as above, so below, and that will be relative to where the observer is stood.

So! all the sacred sites , megaliths, churchs etc are connected, it is a matrix, but the duality of flows are relative to this planet about this planet, as they are relative to each persomn , tree , animal, etc etc.

There will be a large scale within the overall grid, hence bruce cathie is to be listened to.
    but it's a complex system that adheres to a fibonacci sequence, not a staight forward geometric series of boxs and triangles etc, though they are within it.

The 55 lines that bisect such as the tor are actually NINE parallel lines to each line, and the angles of those 55 sets are to fibonacci sequence, not equal.
    The lines will also slope to fibonacci, hence the different constructions such as pyramids , ziggurate hills , etc, etc.
    The dual flows are easily moved locally, hence all those constructions, all are to manipulate the duality to interact with it in specific ways.
    The geometry will allow other dimensions to exist within the same framework as such, I would recommend ZOME TOOLS to grasp this, on youtube there is a film called 2,3,5 to infinity , I believe forget now, which is a talk about zome tools, which is like lego but tubes and balls,they dip the geometric zome construction in bubble material, and you can see the other dimension created within the framewoek.

FIBONACCI is king, 0,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89,144,233 to infinity, divide either one into its adjacent number, you get 1.618, or .618, that how pies are baked, how creation occurs one eats the pie, the other bakes it.
    kevin

Thanks

Here's the youtube link, and a link about anu.
    Keep in mind NINE, in three threes, the nine muses, the nine ennead.

http://caltek.net/dan/connectivity/phib ... ofSun.html
    Kevin